If you experience SparkBooth freezing during or after the countdown, it is almost always due one of the following reasons:
- On DSLR Camera with IS STM* Lens: Auto-focus is enabled. Make sure you have the lens set to Manual Focus via the "MF/AF" switch on the side
- Insufficient lighting. Insufficient lighting can cause a delay as the camera or webcam seeks enough light.
- If your booth is equipped with a DSLR camera and a flash unit, ensure the flash power is turned on, and enabled in the SparkBooth Camera Menu**.
- If your booth is equipped with a DSLR camera an overhead LED light, ensure the light is turned on. Adjust power level until delay is gone, but not too high where photos become washed out. You may also need to adjust the ISO or F-stop value in the camera menu until proper balance is found.
- If your booth is equipped with a webcam and an overhead LED light, ensure the light is turned on. Adjust power level until delay is gone, but not too high where photos become washed out. This is the only lighting adjustment that can be made when equipped with a webcam.
- Template background/overlay sizing incorrect. In order to natively fill the 4x6 area from top left to bottom right, background and overlay images should be sized to the following:
- Portrait mode - 1800px tall x 1200px wide, 300dpi, .jpg format
- Landscape mode - 1200px tall x 1800px wide, 300dpi, .jpg format
*To check if your Lens is STM or not, view photos below:
IS STM Lens: Use Manual Focus
IS II Lens: Auto Focus should work
**To ensure that you have flash control enabled in SparkBooth view photo below: