In July 2016 Microsoft released the Windows 10 Anniversary update, also known as Update 1607. While rich in features, the 1607 update has unfortunately created a myriad of issues with Windows 10, and especially with regards to usage in photo booths. Below you will find a list of known issues with the 1607 Update. While we have no control over bugs contained within Windows Updates, we recognize these bugs can adversely affect the success of your events using our products. We are committed to your ongoing success and so we are working hard to identify and offer remedies for any issues that may arise due to these updates. HootBooth® Photo Booth will provide on-going support documentation on alleviating these issues until Windows releases adequate patches for these issues.
Known 1607 Issues:
- Logitech Webcam quits communicating with Windows.
- Symptoms: Logitech App and SparkBooth/SocialBooth softwares crash with 'Adobe 32 bit' error.
- Fix: Windows has released a patch. Run Windows Updates until issue resolves.
- Wifi options disappear
- Symptom: Wifi icon in taskbar no longer present
- *Fix: Re-install wireless drivers (PC model specific). Do Not select 1607 updates until we have updated this list saying the issue has been patched.
- WIndows freezes
- Symptoms: Start Menu and Windows Explorer freeze and/or random freezing during use of OS
- *Fix: Roll back Windows to previous known working configuration. Do Not select 1607 updates until we have updated this list saying the issue has been patched.
- Windows stuck during Update Cycle
- Symptoms: Upon restarting windows, update screen shows but holds at the same %-Complete message
- *Fix: Boot into safe-mode with networking, Roll back Windows to previous known working configuration. Do Not select 1607 updates until we have updated this list saying the issue has been patched.
*If you require help with this please submit a ticket on our website, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We would also like to offer several tips for minimizing troubles with Windows Updates:
- If you are not experiencing issues thus far, prevent any possibility by disabling Windows Updates until the 1607 Update is free of bugs
- Windows updating during your events can be problematic. Set a restart schedule to avoid this